When a homeowner wants to add a new EV Charger (or any load up to 200A), to an existing main or sub-panel that is at max capacity, the SAK-200MS-M offers the customer a reliable and affordable solution, without having to pay thousands of dollars for a full panel upgrade.
Allows up to a single 200A load to be added to any main service panel or sub panel that is at risk of overload, or will become overloaded, when a new load is introduced. The onboard intelligent micro-controller monitors the load on the existing panel and only allows the added load access to the panel when capacity is available. Installation requires an open 200A breaker.
- Can be installed on any main or sub panel up to 1,000A to add managed loads up to 100A continuous.
- Adapts to any application using the precision field adjustable set points. These maximize access to the added load and prevent looping.
- Field adjustable set points include: panel overload amperage, overload inrush cutoff delay, restore amperage threshold, load restore delay time and line-loss compensation adjustment for CTs. Controller LCD displays actual real-time amperage on panel.
- Prevents overloading and saves costly upgrades to panel and/or electrical infrastructure.
- Utilizes a magnetic latching relay for long-term reliability, and box-lug in and out terminals for ease of installation.
- 2 year warranty
- Comes standard in NEMA 3R enclosure